It’s officially summer! Which, for many, is synonymous with travel and vacations. When planning a trip, packing is something often left to the last-minute, which can cause some important items to not make it into your bag… Here, I’ve put together a shallow list of travel essentials; things I always pack, no matter where I’m going or for how long I’ll be there! You may think it's basic, but trust me, every time I travel with friends I seem to be the only one who brought all of the essentials! ✈️
Being comfortable on long haul flights is a mystery I have yet to solve, but these few things help greatly.
- Earphones (the ones that reduice the noise are amazing)
- Neck pillow & sleep mask
- Hand sanitizer (love the lavender hand sanitizer from Bleu Lavande, it helps to relax.)
- Electronics (Phone/tablet/laptop... Fully charged!)
- Snacks (nothing that makes you bloaded : fruits, veggies, crackers...)
- Lip balm, face moisturizer and hand cream that I apply at takeoff and landing)
This category is pretty self-explanatory.
- Hair brush (The tangle teezer is great because of its small size!)
- Shaving razor
Always take care of your skin. No excuses. Even for hangovers.
- Make up wipes
- Lip balm (preferably with SPF as well)
Make up basics
You can definitely travel without make up, this is just a small list of 5 basics for a simple, put-together look.
- Tinted moisturizer
- Cream blush
- Cream highlighter
- Your go-to lipstick
By definition of category, these are not essentials, but still. I couldn’t recommend a universal adapter plug more highly.
- Cap or hat
- Deck of cards or UNO
- Natural mosquito repellant
- Universal adapter plug
- iTranslate App : the best app to help you communicate in any language
Whether you’re going away for a week or 2 months, you can carry all these items in a backpack and have what you need (minus clothes).
Psst : Travelling is one of life’s greatest pleasures. Even though we all want to look & feel great when roaming around, the main goal is not Instagram pictures… it should be to see the world. While I agree that capturing beautiful moments and sharing them with our networks is enjoyable, exploring cultures and making memories is where our focus should be.
If you’re travelling this summer, I hope you have a wonderful time and soak it alllll in!